- Mild Symptoms: Headache, dizziness, lost of appetite, insomnia, nausea, peripheral dropsy and fatigue.
- Moderate symptoms: Vomiting, headache that cannot be relieved through the usage of common painkiller and reduced urine.
- Severe symptoms: change of mental status, unsteady walk, breathing difficulty while resting, rale in the lungs and cyanosis(blueness in face,lips and nails).
- High altitude pulmonary edema
- Preliminary symptoms: Deteriorating movement performance (often being the earliest symptoms), cough, fatigue, accelerated heartbeat and breathing
- Late symptoms: Breathing difficulties while resting, cough with lots of phlegm, coughing up blood, extreme weaknesses and cyanosis.
- High Altitude Cerebral Edema
- Symptoms include: severe headache (often deteriorates with walking, strength exercising, or lying flat), unsteady walk, nausea, vomiting, judgment disorder, deviant behaviour, illusion and consciousness disturbance even to the extent of coma. Amongst all, unsteady walk is considered the most.