- The trail between Mabolasi Mountain and Mabu Valley goes through extremely steep and treacherous ridgelines and cliffs. It is highly dangerous. Hiking ropes and teamwork are both necessary. Use extreme caution!
- Water source is inconsistent in the mountain ridge section of the trail (between Baiyan gold mine and Taiping Valley.) During dry season, water is scarce. Bringing water from Baiyan gold mine is recommended.
- From Mabolasi Mountain to Jupen Mountain, the elevation difference is more than 700 meters and the distance in between is fairly long. For those who want to complete this section in one day, starting out early is essential.
- Near Mabu Valley, Taiping Valley and Yuli Forest Rd., these three areas have tall bamboo and silver grass overgrowth. Be careful not to get lost.
- From Yuling Bridge Trailhead to Yuli Forest Road marker 19km workers’ dorms, visitors still need to travel by foot. After the workers’ dorms, the road condition is better and four-wheel-drive vehicles can access the road.
- Yuling Bridge is severely damaged; visitors need to cross the stream. The stream is deep and the rocks are big and sharp. Use caution when crossing the stream. Also keep in mind the trail is not obvious and therefore hard to follow.
- Yuli Forest Road is in disrepair. Poisenous snakes, leeches and overgrowths abound. Use caution in the area.
- Permits from the police and permits from the Yushan National Park for entering ecologically protected areas are required.
- Nanan Visitor Center and Nanan Police units can provide visitors with information and assistance in the Nanan region.